Thursday, July 31, 2014

It's very simple


This conflict is not new. It was a trigger for me 15 years or more ago. It was bullshit then and it's bullshit now. What used to rub me up the wrong way in a big way was that one side got to be all warmongery and shouty and anyone who didn't want war was expected to debate rationally. Well it's time we peace-loving goody not-into-the-whole-killing-kids-thing people got a bit shouty because the other side long lost the right to justify their bullshit.

On a whole other note, I only just noticed there were comments I had left unpublished. Sorry about that all! Hope you're doing well. I miss you guys - I just so very rarely post now.

1 comment:

Red Pill Junkie said...

I even feel bad that I'm getting tired of this long fight that doesn't seem to have an end in sight. And that's because we eventually get used to it; as horrible as it may sound, you DO get used to seeing horrible images of death and destruction bleeding out of your Twitter account and your news aggregate feeds.

It's the cliched metaphor of the frog in a bowl of water. You keep on increasing the temperature ever so slightly, and next thing you know it's frog soup time :-/