Monday, November 2, 2009

Defining moments

Every moment I live dictates how the rest of my life will be. Every single choice or, more often, choice I don't make defines my future.

In a way, every moment of every day, I am fighting for my life.

But I live unaware of that fight. No, that's not true. I'm aware of it but I try to ignore it. Avoid it. Because, really, I just want an easy life. A simple life. But doing that, I'm losing the battle. Throwing the whole war.

It's November already.

All around, I'm seeing things listed for 2010. Release dates and so on. And every time I see 2010 written down, even here, I think it's a date from some fictional future. It's science fiction. The Space Year 2010. It's not a real year in my lifetime. It's the year some sci-fi story is set in. Where some guy has to escape some oppressive Big Brother society, running from robots with laser guns.

But, aside from the robots with laser guns, that's where we're at. That's now. Or almost.

And I can do things right now to change my future. A real future, not some robots with laser guns future (though that should be the real future). But keeping up that realisation, actually acting on it... well that's a lot of pressure and a hell of a lot of hard work.

And I'm so tired.

5 comments:

Rootie said...

I feel with you.

Red Pill Junkie said...

It's also hard for me, because in 2010 w'ere not going to be suffering from the Zombie apocalypse, the robot rebellion, the alien invasion, or any other cool doomsday scenario. Instead, January 2010 will greet us Mexicans with more of the same shite: An increase in taxes.

When you know that's coming your way, you almost root for the alien invasion; because at least that wuld give me the joy of yelling "I told you so!" to my family —even if it were an all-too-brief triumph, just before the alien disintegration ray disrupts the atoms of my body :-/

blah said...

Personally, I was expecting flying cars by now.

Unknown said...

God, I don't how you're doing it, but you're taking those jumbled-up, foggy, glimpses of thoughts in my head and expressing them in the exact right words.

Here's to the good fight.

Unknown said...

God, I don't how you're doing it, but you're taking those jumbled-up, foggy, glimpses of thoughts in my head and expressing them in the exact right words.

Here's to the good fight.