Friday, March 28, 2008

Was the real show staring me in the face?


A show based on my own life! Coming soon to SAD TV!

No, that's a complete lie. There's no show of my life. There is no SAD TV. I made it up. Firstly, a show based on my life would be so boooooooooooooooooooring. Seriously. I missed most of my twenties just sitting around doing nothing. And then I settled down in my thirties. I don't know any interesting people. Nothing ever happens to me.

Part of me wished I had a horrendous childhood so I could at least draw on those experiences.

But I didn't. There's not one part of my life that isn't dull. So I guess making a show about that would be a really bad idea.


And, anyway, there is no SAD TV. There should be. But there's not. Someone should set up that channel. They could show Eastenders but replace the music with tracks by the Smiths. For the morning kids block, they could show Watership Down. Yeah, if anyone with money fancies setting up that channel, give me a shout. I'm full of ideas.

5 comments:

Andy Latham said...

These days I think if you put the most boring life in the world on TV people would watch. It's really no different to watching Big Brother. At least your life would be a real one!

Unknown said...

as long as you had colorful graphics and decent music, you could probably get away with Wondershowzen too.

Craig said...

I am an classical animation student at the Vancouver Institute of Media Arts and I just wanted to let you know that I find your blog inspiring. No, I'm not being sarcastic, cynical, or facetious. I'm glad that you are up-front and honest about your struggles (I also deal with the twin monkeys of animation and depression on my back). I am trying to learn as much as I can from people with experience and talent, and not let my arrogance prevent me from accepting the wisdom of those who know more than I. Good job, sir.

Hryma said...

Hey Bitter Animator thanks for the comment on John K's blog about the toys!
Your little cartoon of 'Blogs I Read' is a how I think a lot of us look at it, well at least I do. That's funny.
Cheers,
Hryma

Bitter Animator said...

Thanks for the comments, guys. Yeah, I love your work, Hryma. Looking forward to seeing more!

Craig, thanks for your nice comments. There seem to be a few of us dealing with those twin struggles and it's not an easy thing to come out with out in the real world. I mean, I'm honest here but, out there using my real name, I'm a bit of a coward about it.

But it really means a huge amount to me when I find others know what I'm talking about. I hope all goes well for you and good look with your studies and your future career!

I wonder if I should set up some sort of animators/artists depression support board at some point?