Friday, June 26, 2009

Be careful what you wish for...



I feel a little isolated by my own pressure.

I have this constant feeling that I should be doing more. I've blogged about that before. Actually, you're probably bored to death with it. But it's still there - that I should be pushing in many directions. I'll push in a direction and be rewarded for that... but I'll find I don't want the reward because that reward is more work.

That's something I should be happy about. But I'm often left empty. Sometimes I think I try to do things simply to prove I can. Not because I actually want the end result.

Still, in a way, that feeling is coming from a good place. Right now, a show I was very closely involved with is taking off just a little more. And, some time from now, maybe in a year or so, that could turn out to be good for me. So I need to be ready for that.

And that means pressure.

On a totally unrelated note, check out this seemingly dull news story from the BBC. "Russia's energy giant Gazprom has signed a $2.5bn (£1.53bn) deal with Nigeria's state operated NNPC, to invest in a new joint venture. The new firm, to be called Nigaz, is set to build refineries, pipelines and gas power stations in Nigeria."

I can't be the only one to see a problem there.

6 comments:

susan said...

Bitter,

I am surprised you read anything yesterday that wasn't Michael Jackson related.

Actually that story interests me, that was the kind of stuff we wrote as well when I worked for the media company i worked for. (But I got to cover entertainers! Whee!)

Have a great weekend. Go see "Up".

Red Pill Junkie said...

Hey, I went to see "Up" yesterday, at 10:00 pm. It was a good thing, because that way no one saw me crying :')

"Nigaz"?? Well, I guess you can't please everybody. A word that is innocuous in one language can be a real bomb in another.

Anonymous said...

On that note...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7S5BP-tvR8

I hope that link works properly once I post this.

Anonymous said...

Fuck.

Juz said...

Gas for all...yeah right.
Your blog reminds me of my own. Check it sometime, Juz.

tarboos said...

http://blog.beliefnet.com/beyondblue/2007/11/10-cognitive-distortions.html

I think this could help you and many people out.

stay strong.