Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's a meme!


The image doesn't relate to the post. It's just a little iPod pic I did and thought I may as well post it.
I was tagged by the most excellent Brian Sibley for this alphabet meme. Here goes!

A – Age: This should be O as in old. Mid-thirties.


B – Bed Size: I have no idea. Could be bigger? I'm so out of touch with bed sizes. I am unknown in bed size circles.


C – Chore you hate: I think simply coming under the heading of 'chore' means it's something I hate.


D – Dog’s name: I haven't got a dog right now but, if I had, I'd call him Jeremy Beagle. He'd be a beagle obviously.


E – Essential start your day item: Coffee. Must have coffee.


F – Favorite colour: Hmmm... not sure. Orange? I like orange. It's bright.


G – Gold or Silver: Silver. To me, they're just metals. An inch away from rock. I don't really get the attraction. Or the value. But silver just looks a little better than gold in my opinion.


H – Height: 5′10″


I – Instruments you play(ed): I'm going to say synthesiser but I'm really stretching it here. I don't so much play it as I very slowly select notes one after another. I'm rubbish at it but I have a little MicroKorg and love it. I used to have a Stylophone. Retro excellence. Of course, when I had it, it wasn't retro. It was totally now.


J – Job title: Animator. Animation director. Writer. Something. I don't know. Creative something or other.


K – Kid(s): Yep. Sleep? Not a bit.


L – Living arrangements: A tiny little house. It's like a miniature. I think it's made by Fisher Price. I need somewhere bigger to live. And money to pay for it.


M – Mom’s name: Mum


N – Nicknames: Nicknames sort of require friends to give them to you. If I were to assign my own nickname, it would be 'Ripper'. Or 'Stud'. 'Studley Moore'. Something along those lines.


O – Overnight hospital stay other than birth: Nose job. Not cosmetic - a deviated septum. I always was considered a bit of a deviant so it was nice to find out what bit it was. But what they didn't tell me (or I didn't listen) was that the op is not permanent. Basically it all collapses back after a while. Which it did. I can't be bothered going through it again because it was rather unpleasant. Blood seeped constantly down into my stomach where it went all congealed and black and then I vomited it all over the walls like a Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Nice, eh?


P – Pet Peeve: Lateness. I hate people being late. It bugs the living crap out of me. I hate waiting. I see waiting as my short life trickling away and for someone to make me wait should be a criminal offense. It is theft of life.


Q – Quote from a movie: "Well hello, Mr.Fancypants!"


R – Right or left handed: Right.


S – Sports: No thanks.


T – Time you wake up: 6.40am.


U- Underwear: Boxers.


V – Vegetable you dislike: Pretty much everything except baked beans and sweetcorn.


W – Ways you run late: I don't run late. But I sometimes have to wait for people who do. Should be criminal, I tell you.


X – X-rays you’ve had: A lot. I can't really remember. I used to get panic attacks that were associated with depression long before I was diagnosed. I thought I was dying and had just about every test in the book run, including many x-rays.


Y – Yummy food you make: Beans on toast. It's about the only food I can make but that's okay. I love it!


Z – Zoo favorite: Ring-tailed lemurs. And tigers. Rarrrgh!



So there you go. A lot of answers to a whole alphabet of questions. So I guess I better tag someone else then so these guys are next: Andy, Susan and Justin (of his excellent Juz, Jax & El blog which I have only just discovered).
And anyone else who would like to have a go.

9 comments:

Brian Sibley said...

Great answers! I love Jeremy Beagle and Studley Moore (you really should develop those characters - a couple of cops, maybe!) and the concept of you living in a Fisher Price house...

On the beans-on-toast front: if you like curry, add half a teaspoon of curry powder and a handful of sultanas. There! I've just doubled your repertoire of dishes!

Red Pill Junkie said...

Is it Kosher to give an animal a human name? I mean, I take it you don't have a close relative/associate/buddy named Jeremy who could get offended, no?

I would like to have a Dogue de Bordeaux or a bulldog —or a boxer— which I could call Bismarck. I had a chocolate Labrador I named Anakin; alas, as his name indicates, he eventually was lured by the dark side, so he had to go :(

Studley Moore? ROFL :-D

PS: So you like orange, you say? Let me ask you this: Do you have ANY piece of furniture, or a wall in your house, painted with that color?? ;-)

Orange cars are very cool though; specially if they have black stripes —or a Southern Confederacy flag at the top.

susan said...

I did mine! I did mine!

I like yours better!

scb said...

Great answers! Love Jeremy Beagle (I worked with someone who had a dog named Holly Beaglemore, because she was a Beagle -- more or less...)

I like Brian's suggestion of developing the characters of Jeremy Beagle and Studley Moore as cops -- Jeremy obviously has a nose for crime, and Studley is, well, the studliest cop on the beat (at least, in his humble opinion)...

Red Pill Junkie said...

Oh, what the Hell! :-P

Andy Latham said...

Done! I feel for you in the small home situation.

SharonM said...

They're great fun.

I'm with you on the lateness theme - though I find it more difficult to be punctual these days. But I'd rather be 20 minutes early than 10 minutes late.

Thanks for sharing your septum op. experiences - was just about to have breakfast! And even bigger thanks for saying that the op. didn't last - I had it done too, many years ago (though my experience was less traumatic).

Anonymous said...

Bitter - Q...

When was the last time you watched Army Of Darkness? Because maybe you can tell me, why do so many people think it's shit?

Bitter Animator said...

Sephim, Army Of Darkness is not and will never be shit. It has everything- action, comedy, romance, deadites and Bruce Campbell. You couldn't want more from a mivie. Except boobs, I guess.

It's one of my favourite movies.