Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Kings of the Children's Channels


Oh but aren't parents ultimately responsible for what their children watch? Sure, but the shit they have to pick from is chosen by these people. The people who resisted the change that would outlaw junk food ads specifically targetting children.

I'm just reading the same ban might be brought into Ireland following it happening in the UK last year. I wonder if the reaction within the industry will be the same? Here's my take on it -

If you do not have the best interests of children at heart at all times, you have no business being in children's television.

Thing is, most do and that's great but sometimes money just gets in the way.

2 comments:

Mr. Trombley said...

Dear Sir, I always imagined behind the scenes of these shows being like the movie Network, but with children's programming instead of news.

Have you ever seen Network?

Bitter Animator said...

I haven't seen it. I must check it out and let you know if it's anything similar.