Monday, March 9, 2009

Yeah, it would have been cool

I'm only just beginning the recovery process. Trying to reclaim some humanity after all this work. It's not easy.

But I can't be the only one who went for tests at some point in his life and was disappointed to find that he was nothing more than just that - human. I think every child dreams about being something more. For girls, it's being adopted and finding out they're a princess. For guys, it's being a robot.

It was a crushing blow the first time I got an MRI and there wasn't one raised eyebrow. No emergency scientists appearing to study me. Just a plain old human body.

How dull.

3 comments:

Toole said...

All it takes is one human finger to change the world man. Bang.

Red Pill Junkie said...

I used to imagine that I was some sort of alien from a distant planet ;-)

PS: Damn, I really do need to get a physical one of these years.

Unknown said...

I like to imagine that I a werewolf with dormant wolf powers.

My wolf powers probably won't happen till I'm an old woman. Too old to enjoy being a werewolf, but oh, it would make for the best way to go.

I was a weird little girl growing up and apparently I still am. :p