Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cold and wet

Okay so it's tough to start the year in a more active way when this is what you experience first thing in the morning. It's miserable here. Like, if a director wanted to portray depression, he'd spend millions on rain machines, grey sets and night shoots to get that atmosphere just right.

Me, well, I just go to work.

I may have mentioned this before (if I did, it would have been this time last year) but I really think we should hibernate. In October, we'd stock up on frozen food, drinks and treats, we'd get a huge stash of DVDs and books and games, we'd get into fluffy pyjamas and we'd hibernate. Just lock ourselves away, sleeping most of the day and just relaxing or eating when we're awake and we'd do this from November until the end of February.

Thing is, it would only work if everyone did it. Within a few years, it would become normal and life would run just swimmingly from March to October because we'd all be rested and full of energy and life.

I mean, psychologically I pretty much hibernate during that time anyway. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does. So why not go all the way?

Who's with me?

4 comments:

Andy Latham said...

I second that!!

amc said...

I am SO with you on the hibernation! Where can I sign up?

Red Pill Junkie said...

I love the hibernation idea, too.

Alas, it's not possible. At least not here in the urban centers. Our cities need constant maintenance lest they would collapse. There have been several studies to know how much time it would take for Nature to overcome the world's biggest cities after humanity died off due to alien invasion/comet impact/global pandemia/zombie uprising/all of the above; the answer is that in a matter of months most cities would cease to function completely—something Will Smith's movie 'I am Legend' tried to portray, which was BTW pretty much the only good thing about that film.

Something to think about, huh? How 'primitive' civilizations like the Egyptians and the Mayas managed to build monuments that have stood for millenia; while the cities we 'civilized' people are so proud of, would be reduced to rubble in a manner of decades...

Unknown said...

Dispite all logic from Red Pill Junkie, I'm up for some hibernation.