Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's the one thing I always wanted


I have a void in my life. No, it's not dignity. Fuck dignity, who needs it? No, it's the Big Trak. The "six-wheeled tank with a front-mounted blue photon beam headlamp, and a keypad on top", as wikipedia describes it. It was the tank that could do everything. Everything.

Each year, I asked Santa for it. Each year, I was disappointed.

Did you see the Big Trak ads when you were a kid? It could bring you stuff! Like, say you wanted an apple, you could programme it to go get it. A tank that would bring you an apple. Wow. And that was a long time ago. Probably almost 30 years. Back then, a child's toy could bring you an apple.


And now at the very end of the Space Year 2008, we don't have robot butlers?! What the hell?


I'm not sure what I was thinking with the picture. I mean, waking up on the street with a Santa suit on and a bottle in my hand would be a sign that I broke out of the day to day rut and went and did something. That could only be positive. I suspect the part of my brain that draws the images is a whole different beast to the part that writes these words. Otherwise, I would have known that when drawing it and the whole idea would have been very different.


Almost 2009... I almost feel I should do an end of year round-up but then that's what the archive is for. Maybe tomorrow I'll do a little one. Are you all evaluating your year? I have some serious evaluation to do, I'll hopefully be approaching 2009 more positively by looking at the negative of 2008, as demonstrated in the book I'll never write - Life Stinks. Now Fix It!

2 comments:

Toole said...

Waking up on the street with a Santa suit on would be a sign that you murdered your ex wifes family and accidentally set yourself on fire, or perhaps the small business administration denied you a loan so you're going to hijack a plane. What is it with Santa Suits?

Red Pill Junkie said...

I suppose the closest thing we got after the Big Trak was Aibo; alas, Sony stopped making those too. I guess our AI overlords are slowingly conditioning us to expect their official arrival with an elation akin to the Second Coming.

And no, I don't review my year. That's what alcohol is for.