Wednesday, February 20, 2008

They're coming to get me, Barbara!


So there was me thinking that Spambots were mischievous little fellows - as seen in this post.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

On Monday, there was a comment on my post about some cancer thing. I didn't really look at it. I just knew it was spam, and about cancer so I deleted it. Now, I'm a hypochondriac at the best of times. About cancer, well, I'm terrified. As a guy, I have a one in two chance of getting cancer. One in two! That's scary stuff.

So to add a spam comment about cancer on my blog is an attack on all things good in this world. I don't need to be reminded that I'm probably going to get cancer and die.
But then, yesterday, I find three more of the exact same cancer crap in the comments sections of various posts. Well that's just rude. The fact that I deleted the first one should tell you I don't want your spam.
The Spambots are attacking.
Unless it was a real live human who posted it, in which case shame on you, sir. Shame on you.

2 comments:

Mr. Trombley said...

Dear Sir, I have reported these people to the various anti-spam websites.

I hadn't read of your carciphobia before. Perhaps because I have seen cancer so many times, I have difficulty taking it seriously.

After all, a man has more of a chance of dying from cardiovascular disease (29.3%) than all kinds of cancer combined (12.5%).

Bitter Animator said...

Hang on, so I have a one in three chance of getting a heart attack and dying? And, given that I have a one in two chance of getting cancer, I'm probably going to be on chemo or whatever when it happens, which is a bit of a slap in the face.