Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Like pulling a rabbit from a hat

The saga of the overnight guy has spilled over into all our lives with expected figures that just don't seem to add up. We're all behind now.

I remember looking at the numbers and deadlines with the director way back in preproduction and it all seemed pretty realistic. Something has changed and I'm not quite sure what it is. Technically, it's not my place to wonder such things but I think a scam has been pulled somewhere. I can't remember what the original plan was but I think it may have contained one more animator than we've got and a shorter running time on the episodes.
Ah, I fondly remember the time when getting ten seconds per week seemed about right. Were we just lazy bastards back then?
The poor overnight guy is probably having a heart attack as I write this. Murray Bain asked in the comments if he was 'scene snacking'. I'm not sure yet but I'm keeping an eye out for it.

No comments: