Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wet morning

Yeah, it's raining. A lot. My pants are wet. I'd put them on a heater to dry but, firstly, people in here wouldn't appreciate me walking around without pants (well, a select few would but most wouldn't).

And, secondly, we have these really crappy heaters that basically work 24 hours after you turn them on. You can't just turn them on and get heat. Oh no, that would be too much to ask. Some might even call it greedy. No, you wait your 24 hours and gauge the next day whether the setting is to your liking. It stores the heat overnight or something. Not really sure why but, for wet pants, they are no use to me.

But it seems everyone in here has wet pants too so I can't even pull rank and force someone to switch with me.

Seen the trailer for that Star Wars Clone Wars film? Looks absolutely stone cold dead. Completely lifeless.

5 comments:

Andy Latham said...

Seen it, not impressed. Look at the faces. I know Star Wars was known for a bit of wooden acting here and there, but come on!

me said...

Doesn't it rain in the U.K. a lot? I was there in the summer and it rained 50% of the time. Is rain in the U.K. ever a surprise?

Sure the Clone Wars looks lame, but it's still 1000x better than episode one.

Mr. Trombley said...

Dear Sir,

I don't see why they don't just do a feature length version of the Genndy Tarkovsky cartoon. I've only seen it free on the internet, but it's clearly the best thing to come out of Star Wars in a long time. Even George Lucas treats it with a lot more respect than most Expanded Universe stuff.

And don't bring up any crap about what Genndy is working on right now. They waited 16 Years to make the first prequel and suddenly they have to make a cartoon now so they can't wait for someone with proven talent to lead it?

At least with the coming "Watchman" movie I can hope that Dark & Edgy comic book movies will finally play themselves out for a couple years.

My prediction for the next big thing? The return of Three Stooges slapstick. What's yours?

Bitter Animator said...

UGTV, yes, it rains here a lot but it's usually girly drizzle whereas it is full-on man rain at the moment.

The humidity plays havoc with my hair.

Mr.T, yeah, I'm with you on that. I thought the Clone Wars series suffered hugely from a lack of actual story but the style gave it a real edge. With this film, they had the opportunity to get a developed story, but have now lost all sense of style.

Not to worry. Star Wars is dead to me.

Anonymous said...

good post!!thanks