Tuesday, July 8, 2008

So... Tuesdays, eh?

It's a sort of empty day today. My mind is pretty blank. Doesn't make for much of an interesting blog post unfortunately. So all you get today is small talk.

I've been listening to Journey's new album. Anyone heard it? It's really good - like no time has passed. They have a new singer, a Phillipino guy they found on YouTube and he's bloody good too.

My desk is too small. Not enough room for toys.

Yeah, slow news day. Anyone watch Paddington Bear recently? It's really excellent and the amount of work that must have gone into it is really impressive. There's a whole wealth of UK work most of the US folk never know about and that 70s period was a golden age for UK animation. I really hope the stop motion doesn't die out in favour of CG. It looks like that's happening but real genuine-article stop motion is much nicer.

2 comments:

Mr. Trombley said...

Dear Sir, I haven't watch Paddington Bear in years, but I have again now that you mentioned it. Your completely right, the show is very warm and inviting to watch.

It reminds me, for some reason, of the old Russian Winnie The Pooh (or Vinni Puh, as they put it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuBzKV6XgvA

And of course, I can't talk about Stop-Motion without mentioning a certain some one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPYdyKmVi08

And finally:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm5Mdif5GI0

Anonymous said...

"Dude, we said no more Journey psyche-outs."

"Dude, I'm running out of ideas..."

One of the best exchanges in Baseketball.